Terms & Conditions
- Children are welcomed from ages 6 weeks to 10 years.
- No minimum number of sessions are required.
- We offer a range of flexible contracts including those for families who have shift working patterns.
- Fees are payable in accordance with the Fee Schedules shown, Fees quoted are per child.
- Where two or more children from one family attend the Nursery for 2 days or more per week, the eldest child shall be entitled to a 10% reduction on their monthly fees.
- Fees are payable before the third day of each calendar month in advance, payable by cash, cheque or standing order.
- To register for a placement, a fee of ?50 per child is payable (excluding out of school). This fee will be reimbursed on receiving one months notice. Where a child does not subsequently take up the Nursery place the Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Late payments will be subject to a ?5 Administration Fee. ?1 per day thereafter.
- Late pickup: Parents who fail to pick their children up within the session times specified will occur a ?10.00 charge. Payable when collecting children.
Funding for two, three and four year old children:
All 3 and 4-year-olds in England are entitled to 15 hours of free early education each week for 38 weeks of the year. As part of the Early Years Development Partnership, Bright Smiles is eligible to claim the Nursery Grant. This is for children who are entitled to receive five x 3 hour sessions completely free per week of education that follows the Foundation Stage of the National Curriculum. For children attending nursery for the free sessions only will not be entitled to meals, this is an extra charge however parents and carers can provide a packed lunch. We are now also offering 30 hours free funded sessions please ask Pauline or Jenny for further information.
Some 2-year-olds in England can also get free early education. From September 2014 more 2-year-olds in England will be eligible for free early education. As well as the current rules, a child will then also be eligible if any of the following apply: you get Working Tax Credits and earn no more than ?16,190 a year, they have a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan, they get Disability Living Allowance, they?ve left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order Contact wirral.gov.uk to check if your child will be eligible.
Working Family Tax Credit is available to help meet the cost of childcare for parents who are working a minimum of 16 hours per week. For more information phone 0845 609 5000.
Childcare grant and other help are available for parents who want to study full time.
Bright Smiles accepts all child care vouchers including the government voucher scheme.
Holidays, Absences & Notice
- The Nursery is open for 51 weeks of the year. The Nursery is closed for one week over the Christmas – New Year period, and on all statutory bank holidays.
- Fees are payable at the full rate for all periods of absence, including holidays and sickness.
- Four week?s notice is required by either party to terminate a child?s place in the Nursery, or four week?s fees in lieu of notice.
- Any changes to agreed sessions should give one-month notice in writing.
Clothing & Personal Items
- Each child should have sufficient clothes for their daily needs plus a spare set in the event of accidents.
- Parents are asked to ensure that the child does not bring valuable items with them, as the Nursery cannot accept responsibility for any subsequent loss or damage.
- Parents are asked to provide sunhats and an adequate sunblock during the summer months and wellington boots and suitable outdoor clothing during the winter to ensure that the child can benefit from outdoor pursuits. Toothbrush and toothpaste for after mealtimes.
- For children who are not fully toilet-trained parents are asked to provide nappies, baby wipes and creams.
Sickness & Illness
- Any child who has, or develops, an infectious illness must be kept at home. This includes conditions such as vomiting, diarrhoea, discharges from eyes or mouth, conjunctivitis, sore throat and obvious rashes. Fees are payable at the full rate during the period of sickness or absence from the Nursery.
- Any child suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea must be kept at home until clear of symptoms for a minimum period of 48 hours.
- Do not let your child attend the nursery if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.